There are a lot of nice places to chill and sunbathe in Zakynthos. Don’t stay at your hotel pool! Explore, rent a car, a quad or a scooter to discover the nicest beaches of the island. For tips about eating, drinking and going out, read my other blog post.
So let’s take a look at my favourite beaches:
- Ammos is a very nice beach club in Vassilikos. You will enjoy lounge music whilst drinking a cocktail on your sunchair or at the beach bar. I always have the impression to be in a beach club in LA everytime I go there! You can also do watersport at the beach just on the left.
Be careful, there is another Ammos Bar in Alykes which is not related to this one.
- Porto Azzuro is a nice beach also near Vassilikos. It is quite busy and all umbrellas and sunchairs are often taken quite early, especially in the high season. The food served in the restaurant is very tasty and not that expensive considering its prime location. Showers (to take off the green exfoliating clay you can find on the left of the beach) and Wi-Fi (to upload the pictures of the beautiful sea directly to your Instagram!) are also available.
- Donkey beach (close to Tsilivi) is a long sandy and quiet beach with some umbrellas you can rent for a few Euros. There’s also a small place to eat (mostly English food).
- Shoestring beach (in Old Alykanas) is also a long and sandy beach where you can choose to rent an umbrella or not. The beach is very narrow and pretty quiet. You can also enjoy a nice meal at the restaurant with an amazing view on Kefalonia.
On the other side of the island, there are two very nice places to swim (no beach, just rocks!) I enjoyed a lot and would recommend:
- Porto Limnionas is a beautiful transparent lagoon near Agios Leon. You can either sit on the rocks (take plastic shoes as it can become very slippery next to the water) or rent sunbeds and there is a small restaurant on the top. Amazing jumps from the rocks!
- Porto Roxa is very close to Porto Limnionas. It is also a lagoon surrounded by volcanic rocks where you can rent sunbeds. There is a diving board from where you can jump in the transparent and refreshing water. Be ready to snorkel!